Our main goal is to give you a safe, risk-free environment to explore the world of body art. When you’re researching tattoo shops, here are some safety tips to keep in mind. Your health should always be top priority – high above price or convenience.
1. Satisfy yourself that the shop furnishings and tattoo artist are clean and orderly in appearance. The environment should be maintained much like a medical clinic.
2. Feel free to question the tattoo artist as to any of his/her sterile procedures and isolation techniques. Take time to observe them at work and do not hesitate to inquire about their experience and qualifications in the field.
3. Make sure your tattoo artist puts on a new pair of disposable gloves before setting up tubes, needles and ink supplies.
4. Be certain you see your artist pour fresh ink supplies into new disposable containers.
5. Always insist that you see your artist remove a new needle and tube set-up from a sealed envelope immediately prior to your tattoo.
6. If your tattoo artist is a qualified professional, they will have no problem complying with these minimum standards.
7. If the artist or studio does not appear up to these standards or if they become evasive or hostile when questioned, leave and seek out a professional tattoo artist.