1. Keep bandage on for at least 2 hours, up to 24 hours.
2. Gently remove bandage (if it’s stuck, get it wet first and then pull off gently).
3. Wash tattoo with warm, soapy water to remove all ointment and bodily fluid. We recommend an anti-microbial soap.
4. Pat dry with clean towel. Do not re-bandage.
5. Apply thin layer of anti-bacterial ointment (such at Heal Up) for the first 3-7 days as needed, to keep moist.
6. Thereafter, use unscented body lotion. Tattoos always look their best when moisturized. Taking care of your skin means taking care of your tattoo!
Your tattoo will probably flake within the first week, do not pick it. Avoid sunlight (tanning included) and direct heat for one month. Sunscreen is your friend! The UV exposure will fade your ink. No lakes, swimming pools or hot tubs until flaking is completed. Some redness and swelling is normal. We encourage you to contact us if you have any questions. However, we are not physicians and if you are really concerned, please call your doctor.
Tattoo Safety Advice